More than 100 proposals applied to the second Spanish edition of the EDP Starter Acceleration Program 2018, an inititative that seeks the best innovative projects from startups working in areas related to the energy sector. Thirteen companies were selected to present their projects to EDP on May 23rd at the Google Campus in Madrid.
- Carto (Madrid):SaaS platform for the treatment of geospatial data.
- dotGis (Madrid): BigData for geospatial data.
- Electric Save (Madrid): OCR solution to scan and process documents.
- Stemy Energy (Madrid): Platform for planning and operating distributed resources.
- Enerbuild (Madrid): Improvement of efficiency in solar photovoltaic plants.
- OBUU (Madrid): Advanced stock optimization software.
- Smarkia (León): Cloud platform for energy efficiency.
- Hybrid Energy Storage (Seville): Solutions for energy storage systems.
- Abora Solar (Zaragoza): Design, development and manufacture of hybrid solar panels.
- Wattabit (Barcelona): IoT platform for energy management services in real time.
- AI Talentum (Murcia): Experts in predictive models and machine learning.
- Koala Lifter (Pamplona): Design and development of self-elevating crane systems for the construction and maintenance of wind farms.
- 4Securitas (Dublin, Ireland): Cybersecurity solutions.
The first event of the program took place on May 23rd and was a one day event where candidates met their mentors and the mentorship process got started from that moment on.
After the matching day, candidates worked during three weeks in close cooperation with their corresponding mentors aiming to define the pilot to be develop by the startup in collaboration with EDP.
Pilot Pitch day
The second and final event of the program took place on June 19th and was a one day event at Campus Madrid (Google). Start-ups presented their Pilots (integration proposals) in front of EDP’s jury. After a private deliberation process, the jury announced the winning proposals of the program: E-Save, dotGIS, 4Securitas, Koala Lifter and Carto.
Read more here.